The history of the Red Crescent Society of Kyrgyzstan started in 1926 as a part of the Soviet Red Cross. When the country became independent in 1991, the National Society was recognized by the decree of the Kyrgyz Republic’s President. From 1997, the Kyrgyzstan Red Crescent is a full-fledged member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, and now has a history of more than 90 years of humanitarian activity. In its strategy for 2017 – 2020, the Red Crescent Society of Kyrgyzstan focuses on four priority areas: health, disaster management, social care and organizational development.
Latest news from Red Crescent Society of Kyrgyzstan
“I believe that volunteering helps us build our communities, make them better and stronger.” Azamat Baialinov, President of the Red Crescent Society of Kyrgyzstan
Thousands of people are coming to terms with the aftermath of a series of disasters that have hit southern Kyrgyzstan in recent weeks.
Families whose homes were destroyed when a cargo plane crashed into a Kyrgyz village are beginning to rebuild their lives, one month on.
- President : Mr Azamat BAIALINOV
- Director General : Mr Chingiz DJAKIPOV
- Deputy Director General (Health, OD): Ms Sabina IBRAIMOVA
- Chief Accountant: Ms Ainura CHAMBASOVA
- Head of Social Care Department: Ms Aidai ERIKOVA
- Head of Disaster Management Department: Mr Nurlan DERBISHALIEV
- Head of Communications: Ms Begimai ASANOVA
- Head of Volunteer Development: Ms Aisuluu KANGELDIEVA
Recent press releases