Latest news from Turkish Red Crescent Society
By Ece Ceren Dogar, IFRC “The world is beautiful!” says Muhsine to Abdullah, her friend from Syria whom she calls her little brother. The two are deep in concentration, covering their paper with green and blue paint. Later, they have more fun painting …
For 25-year-old Arezou the last seven years have passed painfully slowly. Separated from her young son while trying to make it from Turkey to Greece, she has spent this whole time not knowing how he was.
By Helena Loh, IFRC “E.T. phone home?” “E.T. phone home.” “And they’ll come?” “Come? Home. Home.” Hearing these words while watching the movie E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in 1994, six-year-old Yasmina Peker cried so hard that her mother had to tell her …
Young girls who have fled conflict and instability in rural Syria in search of a more peaceful and dignified life in Turkey can sometimes find themselves still at risk from a harmful traditional practice their families have brought from their homeland.
Migrant and refugee children in Turkey rarely have time to play. Boys and girls as young as eight have to work in the field to support their families.
Separated from their husbands, parents and children, four women escaped the war in Syria in hope of finding a safe place to live. Their paths crossed at the Turkish Red Crescent’s community centre in Kilis where learning the local language is bringing them together.
- President: Dr Kerem KINIK
- 1st Vice-President: Mr Ismail Hakki TURUNÇ
- 2nd Vice President : Dr Naci YORULMAZ
- Secretary General: Mr Hüseyin CAN
- Deputy Secretary General: Mr Murat ELLIALTI
- Board Member: Prof. Dr Fatma MERIÇ YILMAZ
- Board Member: Mr Ercan TAN
- Board Member: Mr Cengiz KOÇ
- Board Member: Ms Nejla ÖZSOY
- Board Member: Mr Y. Ramazan SAYGILI
- Board Member: Mr Yasir YILMAZ
- Director General: Dr Ibrahim ALTAN
- Deputy Director General: Mr Alper KÜÇÜK (International Affairs)
- Director of International Policies and Partnerships: Mr Kaan SANER
- Director of International Programs and Operations: Mr Alper ULUCA
- Head of Movement Relations and Partnerships: Mr Serdar GÜNEL
- Director of Migration Services: Mr Bayram SELVI
- Director General of Blood Services: Mr Nurettin HAFIZOGLU
- Director of Corporate Communications: Mrs Mehtap BAYKAL
- Director of Finance: Mrs Pervin AKBAS
- Director of Human Resources: Mr Gürkan TÜLEK
- Director of Fundraising Management: Mr Ejder ORMANCI
- Director of Organizational Development: Mr Levent CANBAY
- Director of Volunteer Management: Mr Nurdal DURMUS
Recent press releases