Hellenic Red Cross was admitted to the IFRC in 1919. In 2015, it counted 12,122 active volunteers (up from 11,120 in 2010).
Latest news from Hellenic Red Cross
Somaya dreams of becoming a medical doctor and bringing relief to those who are suffering. Somaya and her family had to flee war-torn Afghanistan and sought refuge in Iran. She and her family have had a difficult life, but Somaya continues to chase her dreams of making a meaningful contribution to society.
Four weeks on from Greece’s devastating wildfires which claimed 96 lives, survivors are continuing to recover. Red Cross volunteers were part of the search and rescue effort as soon as the blazes broke out in Attica, injuries dozens and damaging hundre …
Hellenic Red Cross volunteers carry out search and rescue work in the devastated village of Mati, some 30km east of Athens.Photo: Nick Paleologos/SOOC As wildfires continue to threaten Greece’s Attica region, Red Cross volunteers are supporting t …
At least 20 people have been killed and hundreds of homes damaged after flash flooding swept parts of Greece.
“We all live with so much uncertainty here. It’s so important that organizations like the Red Cross are providing clear and accurate information, that they listen to what the community needs and does something with that information.” Saleh, Volunteer w …
Red Cross and Red Crescent teams are providing emergency support throughout the night on the island of Kos and the Turkish coastal city of Bodrum after a powerful earthquake leaves two people dead and hundreds injured.
Hellenic Red Cross volunteer stories
- President: Mr Antonios AVGERINOS
- 1st Vice-President: Mr Ilias PETROPOULOS
- 2nd Vice-President: Mrs Maria KIKIDOPOULOU-DIMOULA
- 3rd Vice-President: Mr Konstantinos TZANOS
- Secretary General: Mr Georgios SKOUMAS
- Treasurer: Mrs Eleni GIANNOPOULOU
- Counselor of Material (Honorary Vice-President of the Supreme Court): Mr Panagiotis ROUBIS
- Head of Finance Department: Mrs Dionysia MARINI (Acting)
- Head /Director of International Cooperation, OD & Programs Unit : Ms Angeliki FANAKI