Hellenic Red Cross was admitted to the IFRC in 1919. In 2015, it counted 12,122 active volunteers (up from 11,120 in 2010).
Latest news from Hellenic Red Cross
Hellenic Red Cross volunteers carry out search and rescue work in the devastated village of Mati, some 30km east of Athens.Photo: Nick Paleologos/SOOC As wildfires continue to threaten Greece’s Attica region, Red Cross volunteers are supporting t …
At least 20 people have been killed and hundreds of homes damaged after flash flooding swept parts of Greece.
“We all live with so much uncertainty here. It’s so important that organizations like the Red Cross are providing clear and accurate information, that they listen to what the community needs and does something with that information.” Saleh, Volunteer w …
Red Cross and Red Crescent teams are providing emergency support throughout the night on the island of Kos and the Turkish coastal city of Bodrum after a powerful earthquake leaves two people dead and hundreds injured.
It’s a 40-minute walk to the closest supermarket for Syrian family Barishan, 30, her husband Rashid Musa, 34, and their three children. They live in Nea Kavala camp in northern Greece and are among the people who have received a Red Cross cash card to enable them to buy what they need.
The Hellenic Red Cross is bringing lifesaving medical support to migrant communities in Greece with its mobile clinic.
Hellenic Red Cross volunteer stories
- President: Mr Nikolaos OIKONOMOPOULOS
- 1st Vice-President: Mr Emmanouil GOGOS
- 2nd Vice-President: Mr Vasiliki KONSTANTINIDOU
- 3rd Vice-President: Mr Antonios PETMEZAS
- Secretary General: Mrs Despoinia PERIMENI
- Treasurer: Mrs Olga MONACHOU
- Counselor of Material (Honorary Vice-President of the Supreme Court): Mr Panagiotis ROUBIS
- Head of Finance Department: Mrs Olga BILIONI
- Head of International Relations Department: Mrs Lina KANATA