Philippine Red Cross was admitted to the IFRC in 1948. In 2015, it counted 83,340 active volunteers (. 236,237 in 2010).
Latest news from Philippine Red Cross
More than 8,440 cases of measles – including 136 deaths from the disease – have been recorded in several regions of the Philippines, including the capital city Manila. In response, the authorities are working with the Philippine Red Cross and the World …
By Mary Joy Evalarosa James Dean Dait, 22, was on duty as a Philippine Red Cross volunteer when Typhoon Mangkhut hit very early on 15 September. Just hours before it made landfall, he had attended a pre-disaster meeting at the Ilocos Norte chapter on t …
By Mary Joy Evalarosa If there’s anything good about a typhoon, it’s that people have time to prepare and responders are primed to act. In the days and hours before Typhoon Mangkhut swirled its deadly path towards Luzon – home to nearly 50 million peop …
Red Cross teams are at the highest level of alert as communities in Northern Luzon in the Philippines brace for Typhoon Mangkhut (known locally as Ompong), expected to make landfall Saturday morning.
A new initiative announced on 1 September 2018 will boost the local disaster preparedness and response capacity of nine national Red Cross and Red Crescent societies in Asia Pacific.
It had been raining consistently for the past week, but it wasn’t strong enough to alarm 64-year-old farmer Rodrigo Rodriguez.
Philippine Red Cross volunteer stories
- Honorary President: H.E. President of the Republic of the Philippines Rodrigo Roa DUTERTE
- Chairman of Board of Governors /CEO: Mr Richard J. GORDON
- Vice-Chairman: Mr Juan Miguel F. ZUBURI
- Treasurer: Mr James G. DY
- Assistant Treasurer: Ms Monique SR. VILLONCO
- Secretary: Mr Corazon Alma G. DE LEON
- Corporate Secretary: Atty Rodolfo O. REYES
- Legal Counselor: Atty Lorna P. KAPUNAN
- Secretary General: Atty Oscar P. PALABYAB
- Assistant Secretary General for Program Development and Services: Ms Elizabeth S. ZAVALLA
- Director of Finance Department: Ms Mary Anne BUENSUCESO
- Director for National Blood Service: Dr Christie Monina NALUPTA
- Manager – Social Services: Dr Zenaida P. BELTEJAR
- Manager – Disaster Management Services: Ms Resty Lou TALAMAYAN
- Officer in Charge – Health Services: Mr Mr Mark Alvin L. ABRIGO
- Officer in Charge – Safety Services: Mr Von Ryan ONG
- Manager, Red Cross Youth: Mr Ryan Jay JOPIA
- Manager, Volunteer Services: Mr Jose Abraham ONGKIKO
- Manager – Emergency Response Unit: Mr Leonardo P. EBAJO
- Manager – Operations Center: Ms Maycarol Z. LAYUGAN
- Assistant SG / Officer in Charge HR and Administration / Officer in Charge, Office of the Board: Mr Alexander T. ROSETE
- Chief Accountant, Accounting Office: Mr Ronald ALMAZAN