Myanmar Red Cross Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1946 . In 2015, it counted 44,000 active volunteers (up from 7,240 in 2009), of which 33% were male and 67% female.
Latest news from Myanmar Red Cross Society
The Asia Pacific region is currently facing a series of disasters. In Southeast Asia, a dam collapse in Lao PDR led to severe flooding, which extending to neighbouring Cambodia.
For people living in Myanmar’s Rakhine state, these are uncertain, challenging times. Many families have faced cyclical violence, population movement or flooding over the past three years. To help them through the worst of these situations, villagers a …
By Francis Markus, IFRC The radiologist opens the bamboo gate to the X-ray tent and four year old Nur Kolima heads gingerly in to lie down on the bed for his image to be taken. His mother, Fatima, is taking no chances with his cough symptoms. “I had th …
Following a recent outbreak of deadly H1N1 influenza in Myanmar, the Myanmar Red Cross Society is joining efforts to tackle the virus by sending trained volunteers to support the ambulance service in Yangon region.
On this day, over a thousand returning migrants arrive –most voluntarily, some involuntarily—all in a state of panic over new fines and penalties for undocumented workers announced by Thai authorities in late June.
From Red Cross Red Crescent Magazine: Communication, community engagement and preparedness are key as more National Societies use cash in emergency response.
- President: Mya THU email@example.com
- Vice President: Nang Htawn HLA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Committee: Kim BAWI email@example.com
- Executive Committee: Amaya MAW-NAING firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary General: Khin Maung HLA email@example.com
- Deputy Secretary General (Programme Services): Shwe Cin MYINT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Secretary General (Support Services): Dr. Nyo Nyo Wint
- Director (Administration Department): Dr. Thein Ngwe email@example.com
- Director (Finance Department): Thin Thin Aung firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director (Health Department): Dr. Thida Kyu email@example.com
- Director (Organizational Development Department): Dr. Lynn Lynn Thet firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director (Disaster Management Department): San San MAW email@example.com
- Director (First Aid & Safety Services Department): Khin Khin SHEIN firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director (Humanitarian Values & Communications): Shwe Sin KYAW SOE email@example.com
- Director (Logistic Department): Ei Ei HTWE firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director (Restoring Family Links Department): Su Su LYNN email@example.com
- Director (Internal Audit Department): Khin Htay Oo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal Advisor: Dr. May Htar email@example.com
- Director (Human Resources Department): Chang Min Oo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager (Resource Mobilization Department): May Sanda Myo email@example.com
Recent press releases