The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is the leading national humanitarian organization in Bangladesh that can mobilize the power of humanity to prevent and reduce human suffering. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1973.
Since 25 August 2017, more than 609,000 people have crossed the Myanmar-Bangladesh border, fleeing violence in northern areas of Myanmar’s Rakhine State.
Latest news from Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
In August 2017, heavy monsoon rains caused wide-spread flooding in India, Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh. Almost two-thirds of Bangladesh was flooded, affecting more than 6.9 million people. Thousands of homes and hectares of cropland were damaged, leav …
Powerful Cyclone Fani, at its worst an “extremely severe” storm, brought heavy rainfall and winds of 209 km/h to communities across India and Bangladesh. About 15 deaths have been reported so far, and hundreds of homes are likely to have been damaged. …
Red Cross volunteers in the Indian state of Odisha are ramping up efforts to warn 20 million people of the imminent and potentially deadly arrival of Cyclone Fani. Fani is predicted to make landfall on India’s east coast on 3 May. It is expected to bri …
Many of the children growing up in the sprawling camp surrounding Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, have no access to formal education. On the cusp of adulthood, they face an uncertain future.
“I’m happy to participate in this cyclone preparedness training because one of my neighbors, Yassin Siddiq, was in the last group and he trained me to prepare for cyclones. Now I can train others too,” says Mustafa Kamal, resident of the Kutupalong camp in Cox’s Bazar.
Rahima Akter Khushi is a female interpreter who has been with the Red Cross Red Crescent emergency field hospital since the start.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society videos
- Chairman: Mr. Hafiz Ahmed MAZUMDAR,
- Vice-Chairman: Prof. Dr. Md. Habibe MILLAT, MP
- Treasurer: Advocate Tauhidur RAHMAN
- Secretary General: Mr. Feroz Salah UDDIN
- Director of Finance: Mr. MD Jahir UDDIN
- Director of IR and Communication: Mr. Nazmul Azam KHAN
- Director of Health: Mr. Sirajul Islam MOLLA
- Director of Logistics: Mr. Md. Afsar UDDIN
- Director for Training: Mr. Ekram Elahi CHOWDHURY (PD, PMO)
- Director of Disaster Risk Management: Mr. Md. Belal HOSSAIN
- Director of Community Development: Mr. M.A. HALIM
- Director of Unit (Branch) Affairs: Mr. Khairul Anam KHAN
- Director of HR and Admin: Mr. Sirajul Islam MOLLA
- Director of Disaster Response: Mr. Nazmul Azam KHAN
- Director of Estates: Mr. K. F. RAHMAN
- Director of Youth and Volunteers: Mr. Sikder Mokaddes AHMED
- Director of RFL / Tracing Services: Mr. Imam Zafor SIKDER
- Director (Operation) CPP: Mr. Md. Nur Islam KHAN
Deputy Director of Planning and Development Department: Ms. Sayma FERDOWSY
- In charge of Internal Audit: Mr. A.H.M. Mainul ISLAM
- Fundraising Department: Mr. Md. Mijanur RAHMAN
- In charge of Blood Programme: Dr. Tarik Mehedi PARVEZ
- Focal Point – Gender & Diversity and Child Protection: Rezina HALIM
- Focal Person – First Aid: Dr. Shahana ZAFOR