The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is the leading national humanitarian organization in Bangladesh that can mobilize the power of humanity to prevent and reduce human suffering. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1973.
Since 25 August 2017, more than 609,000 people have crossed the Myanmar-Bangladesh border, fleeing violence in northern areas of Myanmar’s Rakhine State.
Latest news from Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
After losing her husband more than 40 years ago and her sons in recent years, 81-year-old Amir Jan Bibi has been living a difficult life with her daughter. As the only surviving child, her daughter, who used to work as a cleaner in the Upazila Health Complex in Naria, lost her job when the entire complex collapsed into the Padma River due to erosion.
By Gennike Mayers, IFRC “Nothing is more joyful than hearing a baby cry in the maternity ward. It means the baby is alive and well!” says smiling Australian midwife Janet Gorrell, as she emerges from the maternity ward with a new-born baby girl to get …
Abdullah, 24, holds a master’s degree in physics and was teaching physics, chemistry and English at Yadana high school in Rakhine when his family was forced to flee their home on 25 August 2017.
Javeir, 20, was studying to become a medical doctor. His grandfather is a pharmacist and his grandmother, a midwife, so the desire to practice medicine runs in the family. On 25 August 2017, life changed dramatically for Javeir, his eight siblings, their parents and grandparents when they were forced to flee their home in Rakhine.
Mohamed Sofiaed and his son, Mohamed Arfat, age 2, fled Rakhine state in October 2017. They arrived in Kutupalong mega-camp after days of walking on end. Their temporary shelter is perched on a hillside that could give way when monsoon rains arrive.
Kutupalong – Balukhali, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. 12 June 2018. As monsoon season sets in, Red Cross Red Crescent partners are keeping on with shelter relief in spite of monsoon rain pouring in the camps for three days and counting. People need this hel …
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society videos
- Chairman: Mr. Hafiz Ahmed MAZUMDAR,
- Vice-Chairman: Prof. Dr. Md. Habibe MILLAT, MP
- Treasurer: Advocate Tauhidur RAHMAN
- Secretary General: Mr. Feroz Salah UDDIN
- Director of Finance: Mr. MD Jahir UDDIN
- Director of IR and Communication: Mr. Nazmul Azam KHAN
- Director of Health: Mr. Sirajul Islam MOLLA
- Director of Logistics: Mr. Md. Afsar UDDIN
- Director for Training: Mr. Ekram Elahi CHOWDHURY (PD, PMO)
- Director of Disaster Risk Management: Mr. Md. Belal HOSSAIN
- Director of Community Development: Mr. M.A. HALIM
- Director of Unit (Branch) Affairs: Mr. Khairul Anam KHAN
- Director of HR and Admin: Mr. Sirajul Islam MOLLA
- Director of Disaster Response: Mr. Nazmul Azam KHAN
- Director of Estates: Mr. K. F. RAHMAN
- Director of Youth and Volunteers: Mr. Sikder Mokaddes AHMED
- Director of RFL / Tracing Services: Mr. Imam Zafor SIKDER
- Director (Operation) CPP: Mr. Md. Nur Islam KHAN
Deputy Director of Planning and Development Department: Ms. Sayma FERDOWSY
- In charge of Internal Audit: Mr. A.H.M. Mainul ISLAM
- Fundraising Department: Mr. Md. Mijanur RAHMAN
- In charge of Blood Programme: Dr. Tarik Mehedi PARVEZ
- Focal Point – Gender & Diversity and Child Protection: Rezina HALIM
- Focal Person – First Aid: Dr. Shahana ZAFOR