The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is the leading national humanitarian organization in Bangladesh that can mobilize the power of humanity to prevent and reduce human suffering. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1973.
Since 25 August 2017, more than 609,000 people have crossed the Myanmar-Bangladesh border, fleeing violence in northern areas of Myanmar’s Rakhine State.
Latest news from Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
Mohamed Sofiaed and his son, Mohamed Arfat, age 2, fled Rakhine state in October 2017. They arrived in Kutupalong mega-camp after days of walking on end. Their temporary shelter is perched on a hillside that could give way when monsoon rains arrive.
Kutupalong – Balukhali, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. 12 June 2018. As monsoon season sets in, Red Cross Red Crescent partners are keeping on with shelter relief in spite of monsoon rain pouring in the camps for three days and counting. People need this hel …
By Sajid Hasan, IFRC Azhar Mia, 35, lives in a beautiful green village named Panschim (West) Boroghona in the Banskhali sub-district of Chattogram, Bangladesh, where his house is located just a few kilometers away from the shores of the Bay of Bengal. …
Amidst intensifying monsoon season in Bangladesh, a team of Red Cross and Red Crescent medical personnel are working hard through fair skies and stormy weather to bring health and maternal care for people living in camps in Cox’s Bazar.
In a community centre in Tansimorkhola, at the southern end of the giant camp that is home to almost 800,000 people who fled Myanmar for Bangladesh, some impressive acting is going on. Staff and volunteers from a Bangladesh Red Crescent Society and Danish Red Cross psychosocial programme are putting local community volunteers through a series of likely scenarios for both monsoon and cyclone season.
Out in the blazing heat and humidity of Cox’s Bazar camps, it is a race against time for final pre-monsoon preparations to be made. The storm clouds are coming.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society videos
- Chairman: Mr. Hafiz Ahmed MAZUMDAR,
- Vice-Chairman: Prof. Dr. Md. Habibe MILLAT, MP
- Treasurer: Advocate Tauhidur RAHMAN
- Secretary General: Mr. Feroz Salah UDDIN
- Director of Finance: Mr. MD Jahir UDDIN
- Director of IR and Communication: Mr. Nazmul Azam KHAN
- Director of Health: Mr. Sirajul Islam MOLLA
- Director of Logistics: Mr. Md. Afsar UDDIN
- Director for Training: Mr. Ekram Elahi CHOWDHURY (PD, PMO)
- Director of Disaster Risk Management: Mr. Md. Belal HOSSAIN
- Director of Community Development: Mr. M.A. HALIM
- Director of Unit (Branch) Affairs: Mr. Khairul Anam KHAN
- Director of HR and Admin: Mr. Sirajul Islam MOLLA
- Director of Disaster Response: Mr. Nazmul Azam KHAN
- Director of Estates: Mr. K. F. RAHMAN
- Director of Youth and Volunteers: Mr. Sikder Mokaddes AHMED
- Director of RFL / Tracing Services: Mr. Imam Zafor SIKDER
- Director (Operation) CPP: Mr. Md. Nur Islam KHAN
Deputy Director of Planning and Development Department: Ms. Sayma FERDOWSY
- In charge of Internal Audit: Mr. A.H.M. Mainul ISLAM
- Fundraising Department: Mr. Md. Mijanur RAHMAN
- In charge of Blood Programme: Dr. Tarik Mehedi PARVEZ
- Focal Point – Gender & Diversity and Child Protection: Rezina HALIM
- Focal Person – First Aid: Dr. Shahana ZAFOR