The IFRC’s Asia Pacific Regional Office works in support of 38 National Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and Country Offices, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Asia Pacific
By Sajid Hasan, IFRC Azhar Mia, 35, lives in a beautiful green village named Panschim (West) Boroghona in the Banskhali sub-district of Chattogram, Bangladesh, where his house is located just a few kilometers away from the shores of the Bay of Bengal. …
By Selvarajasingham Umakanthan, IFRC For over a hundred years, Subramaniyam Mariyayi’s family has been living in a line house – a row of five to eight houses built in a linear manner, each with a line room consisting an entrance attached to a small kit …
Amidst intensifying monsoon season in Bangladesh, a team of Red Cross and Red Crescent medical personnel are working hard through fair skies and stormy weather to bring health and maternal care for people living in camps in Cox’s Bazar.
In a community centre in Tansimorkhola, at the southern end of the giant camp that is home to almost 800,000 people who fled Myanmar for Bangladesh, some impressive acting is going on. Staff and volunteers from a Bangladesh Red Crescent Society and Danish Red Cross psychosocial programme are putting local community volunteers through a series of likely scenarios for both monsoon and cyclone season.
Out in the blazing heat and humidity of Cox’s Bazar camps, it is a race against time for final pre-monsoon preparations to be made. The storm clouds are coming.
Country cluster support teams
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Beijing: Gwendolyn Pang
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Delhi: Leon Prop
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok: Marwan Jilani
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Indonesia & Timor-Leste: Giorgio Ferrario
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Pacific: Kathryn Clarkson
- Head of Country Office, Afghanistan: Ariel Kestens
- Head of Country Office, Bangladesh: Azmat Ulla
- Head of Delegation, DPRK: TBA
- Head of Country Office, Myanmar: Joy Singhal
- Head of Country Office, Nepal: Juja Kim
- Acting Head of Country Office, Pakistan: Benoit Porte
- Head of Country Office, Philippines: Chris Staines
Recent press releases
- Japanese Red Cross Society
- Kiribati Red Cross Society
- Red Cross Society of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- The Republic of Korea National Red Cross
- Lao Red Cross
- Malaysian Red Crescent Society
- Maldivian Red Crescent
- Micronesia Red Cross
- Mongolian Red Cross Society
- Myanmar Red Cross Society
Focus: World First Aid Day 2017
On 9 September 2017, the world marks World First Aid Day, an annual opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of first aid knowledge and skills to save lives, and to advocate for these to be accessible to everyone. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s leading first aid provider. For more than 100 years, first aid has been one of the principal services provided by Red Cross and Red Crescent volunteers and staff to injured people.
This year, Prudence Foundation in partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), will launch its regional SAFE STEPS First Aid campaign.
Learn more here