The IFRC’s Asia Pacific Regional Office works in support of 38 National Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and Country Offices, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Asia Pacific
Dr Sadiq is examining the feet of his colleague Mr Dauod. This is the first time they are learning to look for changes to the feet of diabetic patients. Dr Sadiq and Dauod came from the primary health care centre in Kandahar, they are taking turns to learn how to check for diabetic foot that would require medical intervention.
It has now been over six weeks since the first earthquake struck Lombok, Indonesia, and people have endured more than 1,500 aftershocks.
Marshall Islands Red Cross volunteers are working with the government to conduct a mass tuberculosis and leprosy screening in the North Pacific nation where it is estimated that one in four people are positive with tuberculosis.
On the evening of 23 July 2018, a flash flood, caused by the failure of the Xe-Pian Xe-Namnoy Dam, released five billion cubic metres of water down a tributary of the Mekong river. Six villages were completely leveled and, while official figures put the death toll at 39 people, a further 97 people remain unaccounted for.
At least 12 people are believed to have been killed and 22 others are missing after a 6.7 magnitude earthquake struck the Japanese island of Hokkaido just after 3am local time on 6 September. The quake, which had its epicentre near the town of Atsuma, …
Country cluster support teams
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Beijing: Gwendolyn Pang
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Delhi: Leon Prop
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok: Hung Ha Nguyen
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Indonesia & Timor-Leste: Jan Gelfand
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Pacific: Kathryn Clarkson
- Head of Country Office, Afghanistan: Ariel Kestens
- Head of Country Office, Bangladesh: Azmat Ulla
- Head of Delegation, DPRK: TBA
- Head of Country Office, Myanmar: Joy Singhal
- Head of Country Office, Nepal: Juja Kim
- Acting Head of Country Office, Pakistan: Benoit Porte
- Head of Country Office, Philippines: Chris Staines
Recent press releases
- Japanese Red Cross Society
- Kiribati Red Cross Society
- Red Cross Society of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- The Republic of Korea National Red Cross
- Lao Red Cross
- Malaysian Red Crescent Society
- Maldivian Red Crescent
- Marshall Islands Red Cross
- Micronesia Red Cross
- Mongolian Red Cross Society
Focus: World First Aid Day 2017
On 9 September 2017, the world marks World First Aid Day, an annual opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of first aid knowledge and skills to save lives, and to advocate for these to be accessible to everyone. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s leading first aid provider. For more than 100 years, first aid has been one of the principal services provided by Red Cross and Red Crescent volunteers and staff to injured people.
This year, Prudence Foundation in partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), will launch its regional SAFE STEPS First Aid campaign.
Learn more here