The IFRC’s Asia Pacific Regional Office works in support of 38 National Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and Country Offices, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Asia Pacific
After fleeing Myanmar for Bangladesh, Rehana doesn’t know how she will take care of her newborn and grieve for her son.
The road from Myanmar to Cox’s Bazar is lined with people who have set up make shift camps and shelters in the mud.
Since early this year, Vietnam has seen over 100,000 reported dengue fever cases which killed 26 people. Over 76,800 people have been hospitalized, an increase of 42 percent compared to the same period in 2016.
The bikes are gifts from the Red Cross Society of China as part of the Volunteers on Wheels project, a global initiative involving the national society and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
Before moving to the Philippines in 2000 after marrying my beautiful wife, a pharmacist, I was working in the telecommunication industry back in my homeland in Sri Lanka. My wife decided to open up a small pharmacy in front of our house and one morning, while I was looking after the store, drinking tea, I saw a man walk by the store window, wearing the distinct red uniform of the Red Cross emergency response unit.
Country cluster support teams
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Beijing: Gwendolyn Pang
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Delhi: Leon Prop
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok: Marwan Jilani
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Indonesia & Timor-Leste: Giorgio Ferrario
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Pacific: Kathryn Clarkson
Recent press releases
- Japanese Red Cross Society
- Kiribati Red Cross Society
- Red Cross Society of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- The Republic of Korea National Red Cross
- Lao Red Cross
- Malaysian Red Crescent Society
- Maldivian Red Crescent
- Micronesia Red Cross
- Mongolian Red Cross Society
- Myanmar Red Cross Society
Focus: World First Aid Day 2017
On 9 September 2017, the world marks World First Aid Day, an annual opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of first aid knowledge and skills to save lives, and to advocate for these to be accessible to everyone. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s leading first aid provider. For more than 100 years, first aid has been one of the principal services provided by Red Cross and Red Crescent volunteers and staff to injured people.
This year, Prudence Foundation in partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), will launch its regional SAFE STEPS First Aid campaign.
Learn more here