The IFRC’s Asia Pacific Regional Office works in support of 38 National Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and Country Offices, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Asia Pacific
By Hanna Butler / IFRC The 191st pin on the Red Cross Red Crescent world map is set to be for the Marshall Islands Red Cross, which is on track to becoming the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ (IFRC) newest National Soc …
Toni Stokes never knows how many women in labour will arrive each day. Sometimes none, other times three or four pregnant women are rushed to the Red Cross and Red Crescent emergency hospital in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
Pasang Tamang’s face lights up as she chats with visitors on the veranda outside her new house. “I feel more secure here than in the temporary shelter,” says Pasang. The temporary shelter was made of corrugated iron, which was home to her and her fami …
The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society, supported by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and partners, is taking action to reduce the risks and be able to respond quickly if there’s a crisis within a crisis.
Zihara, 18, and her sister, Ronjida, 15, live in a tarpaulin and bamboo shelter in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, since fleeing their home in Myanmar in August 2017. Shy at first, and then finding her voice, Zihara remembers the open field in front of their old house in Rakhine.
Country cluster support teams
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Beijing: Gwendolyn Pang
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Delhi: Leon Prop
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok: Marwan Jilani
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Indonesia & Timor-Leste: Giorgio Ferrario
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Pacific: Kathryn Clarkson
- Head of Country Office, Afghanistan: Ariel Kestens
- Head of Country Office, Bangladesh: Azmat Ulla
- Head of Delegation, DPRK: TBA
- Head of Country Office, Myanmar: Joy Singhal
- Head of Country Office, Nepal: Juja Kim
- Acting Head of Country Office, Pakistan: Benoit Porte
- Head of Country Office, Philippines: Chris Staines
Recent press releases
- Japanese Red Cross Society
- Kiribati Red Cross Society
- Red Cross Society of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- The Republic of Korea National Red Cross
- Lao Red Cross
- Malaysian Red Crescent Society
- Maldivian Red Crescent
- Micronesia Red Cross
- Mongolian Red Cross Society
- Myanmar Red Cross Society
Focus: World First Aid Day 2017
On 9 September 2017, the world marks World First Aid Day, an annual opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of first aid knowledge and skills to save lives, and to advocate for these to be accessible to everyone. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s leading first aid provider. For more than 100 years, first aid has been one of the principal services provided by Red Cross and Red Crescent volunteers and staff to injured people.
This year, Prudence Foundation in partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), will launch its regional SAFE STEPS First Aid campaign.
Learn more here