The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Americas
The volunters of the institution will work with this vulnerable group applying its principles of Humanity, Impartiality and Neutrality with the sole objective of alleviating the suffering of people.
If you knew 20 minutes before that a severe flood or tsunami would occur, what would you do?
October 13 marks International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction. This day celebrates how people and communities around the world are reducing their exposure to disasters…
Salvadoran Red Cross, Sonsonate branch, activated more than 20 rescuers and Volunteer Lifeguard members due to the climatic situation that has arisen in the last days in western El Salvador.
Hygiene kit and mats are part of the aid distributed by the Salvadorean Red Cross (SRC) to 236 families affected by the rains in Sonsonate, San Miguel and La Union.
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alexandre Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Detomaso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield-Recass
Recent press releases
The Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention toolkit is intended to be used with the Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention modules. The toolkit features full-colour imagery, interactive formats and games material to teach all audiences according to the methodology suggested in the module guides.
- Paraguayan Red Cross
- Peruvian Red Cross
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society
- Saint Lucia Red Cross
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross
- Salvadorean Red Cross Society
- Suriname Red Cross
- The Bahamas Red Cross Society
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society
- Uruguayan Red Cross
- Venezuelan Red Cross