The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from [page_title]
The Colombian Red Cross Guajira branch has worked in more than 110 indigenous communities, contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of families.
The American Red Cross launched the North American Humanitarian Response Summit Project (the “NAHRS Project”) in September 2017 to improve the effectiveness of cross-border response to a potential catastrophic disaster in North America.
Costa Rican Red Cross K-SAR Canine Rescue Unit members obtain international certification.
There has been enormous progress made in the fight against TB globally, saving an estimated 53 million lives since 2000.
It’s hard enough to help people when you clearly see the pain, exhaustion or panic on their faces. But when thousands file past in the dark, as they arrive from Myanmar at the Bangladesh transit centre, stumbling or just staring blankly, all a small team of doctors and nurses could do was try their best.
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alexandre Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Detomaso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield-Recass
Recent press releases
- Paraguayan Red Cross
- Peruvian Red Cross
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society
- Saint Lucia Red Cross
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross
- Salvadorean Red Cross Society
- Suriname Red Cross
- The Bahamas Red Cross Society
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society
- Uruguayan Red Cross
- Venezuelan Red Cross
The Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention toolkit is intended to be used with the Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention modules. The toolkit features full-colour imagery, interactive formats and games material to teach all audiences according to the methodology suggested in the module guides.