The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Americas
The risk of disaster, due to a natural phenomenon, can happen at any time, so Land Rover and the Red Cross are helping people in remote areas to prepare for any emergency.
Over 20 participants from Red Cross National Societies in Latin America trained to address health in the response to an emergency.
The Mexican Red Cross sent two trucks to Nayarit and Sinaloa with 44 tons of humanitarian aid to support the affected people after the passage of Hurricane Willa and tropical storm Vicente.
More than 4,900 people from the massive migratory flow from Honduras, have received humanitarian assistance from the Guatemalan Red Cross.
Reports have estimated that approximately 150,000 people have been affected with numbers expected to increase as detailed assessments are conducted.
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alexandre Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Detomaso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield-Recass
Recent press releases
The Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention toolkit is intended to be used with the Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention modules. The toolkit features full-colour imagery, interactive formats and games material to teach all audiences according to the methodology suggested in the module guides.
- Paraguayan Red Cross
- Peruvian Red Cross
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society
- Saint Lucia Red Cross
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross
- Salvadorean Red Cross Society
- Suriname Red Cross
- The Bahamas Red Cross Society
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society
- Uruguayan Red Cross
- Venezuelan Red Cross