The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Americas
Since the beginning of 2017 Brazil has experienced the greatest outbreak of jungle yellow fever in decades.
Latin America and the Caribbean is one of the most disaster-prone regions in the world, given its vulnerability to tropical storms and hurricanes.
Guyana Red Cross and their team of community volunteers visit communities which have reported an increase in mosquitoes.
Through their network of volunteers, Red Cross National Societies in the Caribbean are currently engaged in community sensitization exercises and clean-up activities in an effort to reduce the spread of zika and other mosquito-borne viruses.
Forest fires in the province of British Columbia in western Canada has displaced 45,000 people since July 7. To-date, the Government of British Columbia reports there have been 771 fires burning 377,000 hectares, leading the provincial government to de …
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alex Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Di Tomasso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield
Recent press releases
- Paraguayan Red Cross
- Peruvian Red Cross
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society
- Saint Lucia Red Cross
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross
- Salvadorean Red Cross Society
- Suriname Red Cross
- The Bahamas Red Cross Society
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society
- Uruguayan Red Cross
- Venezuelan Red Cross
The Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention toolkit is intended to be used with the Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention modules. The toolkit features full-colour imagery, interactive formats and games material to teach all audiences according to the methodology suggested in the module guides.