The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Americas
Months after Hurricane Maria, the inhabitants of Dominica are still struggling to recover from the destruction.
People of Dominica slowly start to rebuild their livelihoods, homes and infrastructure after hurricane Maria.
For months after Hurricane Maria, people had to look forward to long walks over steep hills and deep slopes, in order to return with their arms full of heavy buckets and bottles of water.
The name Terencia Gaillard or “Terry” has become synonymous with Saint Lucia Red Cross.
Five months after a category 5 hurricane Irma passed by Barbuda, destroying or damaging 90 per cent of the island’s infrastructure, people are still waiting to return to their homes.
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alexandre Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Detomaso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield-Recass
Recent press releases
The Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention toolkit is intended to be used with the Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention modules. The toolkit features full-colour imagery, interactive formats and games material to teach all audiences according to the methodology suggested in the module guides.
- Paraguayan Red Cross
- Peruvian Red Cross
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society
- Saint Lucia Red Cross
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross
- Salvadorean Red Cross Society
- Suriname Red Cross
- The Bahamas Red Cross Society
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society
- Uruguayan Red Cross
- Venezuelan Red Cross