The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Americas
The Red Cross has partnered with Facebook on understanding how increasingly accurate maps can address important data gaps when responding to emergencies.
Doney Cliram is well aware of the effects of coastal erosion and floods. He has seen with his own eyes how the sea is devouring the land near his home.
Carmin John and her family were hanging Christmas decorations when a strong current of water flooded their home in the town of South Rivers in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines on 24 December 2013.
Yoland Thomas welcomed Avion Baptiste and Gilliam Charles from the Grenada Red Cross Society with open arms when their team visited her new home, on a rainy Thursday afternoon in October 2016.
When the Ethiopian Red Cross Society wanted to start distributing emergency water rations to the most vulnerable of families in these hardest to access communities, getting there was a noted challenge.
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alex Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Di Tomasso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield
Recent press releases
- Paraguayan Red Cross
- Peruvian Red Cross
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society
- Saint Lucia Red Cross
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross
- Salvadorean Red Cross Society
- Suriname Red Cross
- The Bahamas Red Cross Society
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society
- Uruguayan Red Cross
- Venezuelan Red Cross
The Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention toolkit is intended to be used with the Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention modules. The toolkit features full-colour imagery, interactive formats and games material to teach all audiences according to the methodology suggested in the module guides.