The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Americas
Red Cross teams in Central America are bringing medical support, water and kindness to exhausted women, children and men on the move in Guatemala and Mexico. The Guatemalan Red Cross is providing pre-hospital care, transfers to health centres, psychoso …
Yorely is 24 years old. She is the mother of little Nayeli, who at only one year old already travelled three countries in six days.
Lidia, 76 years old, decided to embark her voyage to Peru. In her country she left her home, her animals and her life.
In spite of having left behind a life, the neighbors “Brisas de amor”, as they call themselves, say that they never let themselves be won over by bitterness or sadness.
In Valledupar’s suburbs, Colombia, a group of people gets together every week sitting at the front of one of the houses in Bello Horizonte’s neighbourhood.
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alexandre Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Detomaso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield-Recass
Recent press releases
The Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention toolkit is intended to be used with the Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention modules. The toolkit features full-colour imagery, interactive formats and games material to teach all audiences according to the methodology suggested in the module guides.
- Paraguayan Red Cross
- Peruvian Red Cross
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society
- Saint Lucia Red Cross
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross
- Salvadorean Red Cross Society
- Suriname Red Cross
- The Bahamas Red Cross Society
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society
- Uruguayan Red Cross
- Venezuelan Red Cross