Somali Red Crescent Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1969. In 2015, it counted 8,206 active volunteers (up from 4,600 in 2012), of which 30% were male and 70% female.
Latest news from Somali Red Crescent Society
By Osman Mohamed Osman Today, the world is painted red. February 14, the 45th day of the Gregorian calendar, is Valentine’s Day where love is shared around the globe. As the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, we witness this every day. In the harrowi …
The IFRC is working with the Somalia Red Crescent Society and global partners to bring support and relief to communities affected by drought and hunger in Somaliland.
Since the beginning of 2017, the Red Crescent has provided medical treatment to about 350,000 people, with the support of the IFRC and its partners.
A combination of pervasive insecurity, combined with recurrent drought and chronic underdevelopment has left millions of Somalis in need of urgent and sustained humanitarian assistance.
Somali Red Crescent Society volunteer stories
- President: Mr. Elfadil Amir Eltahir
- Deputy Vice President : Mr. Mohamed Hameed
- Secretary General: Dr. Afaf Ahmed Yahya
- Legal Advisor: Mrs. Samia Elhashmi
- Director of Finance: Mr. Ahmed Osman
- Director of Health: Dr. Bahaa Eldin Mohamed DafaAllah
- Head of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting: Mrs. Nagat Malik