The Angolan Red Cross established by Decree No. 25/78 of March l6, 1978, was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross on October 1, 1986, and affiliated as a Member of the Federation of Red Cross Societies and the Red Crescent. In 2015, it counted 6,027 active volunteers (up from 3,600 in 2012), of which 79% were male and 21% female.
Latest news from Angola Red Cross
In Angola, where the worst yellow fever outbreak in 30 years has killed 361 people since December 2015, a social mobilization and vaccination campaign led by public health workers and Angola Red Cross volunteers, aims to provide vaccinations and inform …
With one of the largest mass yellow fever vaccination campaigns ever attempted in Africa underway in Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo this week.
- President: Mrs Isabel Jose DOS SANTOS
- Vice President: Mr Coutinho NOBRE MIGUEL
- Vice President: Mr Elias PIEDOSO CHIMUCO
- Secretary General: Mr Valter Bombo Guange QUIFICA
- Director National of Accounting and Finance: Mrs Catarina LAURINDA
- Adviosor Programs, Services and Cooperation: Mr Constantino MBINDJI
- National Chief of Administration and Human Resources: Mrs Engrácia ANDRE
- Assistant of the Secretary General: Mrs Lidy Gaspar SIMAO
- Assistant of the International Development: Mrs Belísia Maria João de DE ABREU