The Swedish Red Cross (Swedish: Svenska Röda Korset) is a Swedish humanitarian organization and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Founded in 1865, its purpose is to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever and whenever it occurs, voluntarily and without discrimination. Within Sweden, it operates more than 1,000 local branches, which are run by local committees. (source: Wikipedia)
Latest news from Swedish Red Cross
Somaya dreams of becoming a medical doctor and bringing relief to those who are suffering. Somaya and her family had to flee war-torn Afghanistan and sought refuge in Iran. She and her family have had a difficult life, but Somaya continues to chase her dreams of making a meaningful contribution to society.
In the middle of the “Parque del Agua” in Bucaramanga, Santander, it is possible to watch Colombian Red Cross personnel providing primary health care to migrants during medical days.
Bethlehem – The Palestine Red Crescent Society’s PRCS’ campaign, “30 Minutes With My Child”, is still gaining momentum in the towns and villages of the Bethlehem Governate in Palestine since its launch at the onset of the COVID-19 crisis. The successfu …
As super cyclone Amphan heads towards the West Bengal-Bangladesh areas, Bangladesh Red Crescent has triggered the release of forecast-based funds from International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) to reduce the storm’s impact …
As the Pacific Islands battle to keep Covid-19 out, and continues to reel from the aftermath of the Tropical Cyclone Harold, they are fighting another battle; Dengue Fever. More than 4,000 cases of dengue fever have been reported in both Fiji and the M …
“Medicine has been my passion since I was in high school” says Damarys Solano on the phone, while she is preparing to go out. Today she’ll be giving medical attention at a shelter in Tumbes.
Swedish Red Cross volunteer stories
- Ms. Margareta WAHLSTRÖM: President
- Mr. Bo HERMANSSON: Vice-President
- Ms. Kristina LJUNGROS: Vice-President
- Ms. Katarina STRUWE ORLEIFSON: Vice-President
- Mr. Martin ÄRNLÖV: Secretary General
- Ms. Anna ERNESTAM: Director of Finance and Support Services
- Mr. Peter ERIKSSON: Head of Strategic Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ms. Therése ENGSTRÖM: Director of Communications and Fundraising
- Ms. Åsa ALEXANDROW: Director of Human Resources
- Mr. Melker MÅBECK: Director of International Operations
- Ms. Sara REVELL FORD: Director of Domestic Operations
- Mr. Tord PETTERSSON: Director of National society Development
- Ms. Ida KENNERBERG: Assistant to the President and the Governing Board
- Ms. Annette LIND: Assistant Office of the Secretary General