The Swedish Red Cross (Swedish: Svenska Röda Korset) is a Swedish humanitarian organization and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Founded in 1865, its purpose is to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever and whenever it occurs, voluntarily and without discrimination. Within Sweden, it operates more than 1,000 local branches, which are run by local committees. (source: Wikipedia)
Latest news from Swedish Red Cross
What does digital transformation mean for humanitarian organizations like the IFRC and National Societies? For the past year, we’ve collaborated with the Norwegian Red Cross and their partner, DNV GL, to explore the “state of digital transformation” wi …
As the 33rd International Conference in Geneva gets underway, IFRC President Francesco Rocca and ICRC President Peter Maurer discuss humanitarian challenges and some of the big issues on the agenda this week.
What does it mean to localize humanitarian response? How can we practically strengthen and support data skills and workflows at the most local level? Digital transformation is cited as part of our Strategy 2030 – considering and shifting people, cultur …
It’s easy to forget the people you don’t see in the media, and this includes over a million people still living in camps in Bangladesh after fleeing violence in the state of Rakhine, Myanmar. Behind these faces are stories waiting to be told and people we can’t forget.
The International Academy of the Red Cross and Red Crescent was established in Suzhou on 31 August 2019, co-founded by the Red Cross Society of China and Soochow University. Francesco Rocca, President of the International Federation of Red Cross and Re …
Capitalising on the global popularity of football, the Italian Red Cross are using the sport as a vehicle to support the integration of asylum seekers and refugees.
Swedish Red Cross volunteer stories
- Ms. Margareta WAHLSTRÖM: President
- Mr. Bo HERMANSSON: Vice-President
- Ms. Kristina LJUNGROS: Vice-President
- Ms. Katarina STRUWE ORLEIFSON: Vice-President
- Mr. Martin ÄRNLÖV: Secretary General
- Ms. Anna ERNESTAM: Director of Finance and Support Services
- Mr. Peter ERIKSSON: Head of Strategic Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ms. Therése ENGSTRÖM: Director of Communications and Fundraising
- Ms. Åsa ALEXANDROW: Director of Human Resources
- Mr. Melker MÅBECK: Director of International Operations
- Ms. Sara REVELL FORD: Director of Domestic Operations
- Mr. Tord PETTERSSON: Director of National society Development
- Ms. Ida KENNERBERG: Assistant to the President and the Governing Board
- Ms. Annette LIND: Assistant Office of the Secretary General