The Red Cross Red Crescent Conference on Labour Migration was held in Bangkok, Thailand from 20 to 21 June 2018, bringing together Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies and external partners to discuss recent developments and exchange knowledge and experience under the theme of humanitarian assistance, protection and advocacy for migrant workers. This includes those particularly most at risk including women and children.
The conference was co-facilitated by IFRC Asia Pacific and IFRC Middle East North Africa in partnership with the Australian Red Cross, Qatar Red Crescent Society and ICRC and see the attendance of leadership and technical focal points from Asia Pacific and Middle East National Societies.
Click here to download the group photo.
Suggested tweets and photos for people to use.
Millions of migrants face dangers in their daily lives
Human rights are migrant rights
Migrants face numerous challenges
Our Red Cross Red Crescent volunteers are here to help!
- Conference Report: Red Cross Red Crescent Conference on Labour Migration
- Addressing the humanitarian consequences of labour migration and trafficking: The role of Asia Pacific National Societies
- Concept note
- IFRC Asia Pacific Case Studies: Health and Care for Migrants and Displaced Persons:
- IFRC Global Strategy on Migration
- IFRC Policy on Migration
- Movement Call for Action on Migration
- Resolution 3: Migration: Ensuring access, dignity, respect for diversity and social inclusion
- IFRC Asia Pacific Migration and Displacement: Framework For Action Reducing Vulnerability, Enhancing Resilience | 2017 – 2022