RC2 relief tool
The mobile tool of RC2 Relief information management platform that collects and manages information during humanitarian crisis and disasters.
RC2 Relief Tool is designed for use during humanitarian interventions. It improves the ability of humanitarian organizations to better understand needs, distribute relief items, provide cash assistance, and conduct a variety of other humanitarian activities. It helps link predefined selection criteria with digitally collected profile data, allowing organizations to better target those in need. It manages registration of beneficiaries, distribution planning, authorization of distributions, delivery of humanitarian aid, and monitoring and reporting. RC2 Relief is built on top of ODK-X providing a mobile information system tailored to humanitarian response that links together different stages of response activities. RC2 Relief improves data flows from initial assessment through response activities and into recovery and preparedness work. This reduces duplication of efforts and ensures less time is spent managing data. This technology will amplify the work of humanitarian volunteers and improve our accountability to disaster-affected populations and donors.
The RC2 Relief Tool has many advantages including, but not limited to:
- Streamlines the collection and use of information.
- Controls access by aligning user profiles with the structure of the organization to increase data security and privacy for the beneficiaries.
- Stores data from past operations on mobile device without the need for an internet connection.
- Reduces errors and data duplication.
- Improves efficiency, allowing more people to be reached in situations with limited resources.
- Facilitates accountability through improved record-keeping.
- Is adaptable for a variety of humanitarian contexts including cash transfer programming and the distribution of relief items.