National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies are bound by 23 global policies that they have adopted through the bi-annual IFRC General Assembly.
Guidance for National Societies Statutes
The Guidance Document is intended to support National Societies to develop Statutes that enable them to carry out their humanitarian mandates and roles effectively and in accordance with the mission and Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (hereinafter “the Movement”). It attempts to reflect the wide variety of organisational models and approaches adopted by National Societies from different legal traditions and operational contexts.
National Societies and the IFRC have also taken on a number of further commitments, both through Movement and external fora. Click below for a representative list.
Recent external commitments
- Global Task Force on Cholera Control, Declaration on Ending Cholera (2017)
- The Grand Bargain (2016) * Movement Pledges on the Grand Bargain
- Charter on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Humanitarian Action (2016)
- Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Action (2016)
- Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction (2015)
- Call to Action on Gender-Based Violence in Emergencies (2013)