The IFRC Disaster Law Programme, in primary partnership with ASEAN and Thammasat University, will be holding the 2018 Southeast Asia Disaster Risk Governance Academic Seminar on 24 -26 September 2018 at Thammasat University, Tha Pra Chan Campus, Bangkok. The seminar seeks to gather academics, graduate students and disaster risk management professionals based in Southeast Asia to share their research on “effective legal frameworks for inclusive and climate smart disaster risk governance”. Twenty-four (24) papers from Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, and Singapore will be presented at the seminar. A peer-reviewed journal will be published based on accepted and qualified paper submissions.
This is the first academic conference of the IFRC Disaster Law Programme done in partnership with universities and research institutions based in Southeast Asia. It is also the second activity under the IFRC-ASEAN Disaster Law Peer Learning Platform.
- Thammasat University (TU) – Thailand
- Chulalongkorn University – Thailand
- Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU) – Philippines
- Asian Institute of Management (AIM) – Philippines
- Resilience Development Initiative – Indonsia
- Institute Teknologi Bandung (ITB) – Indonesia
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS) – Singapore
- ASEAN Secretariat – Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance Division
- Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
We would like to thank Global Affairs Canada and Canadian Red Cross for making this seminar possible.