Hellenic Red Cross was admitted to the IFRC in 1919. In 2015, it counted 12,122 active volunteers (up from 11,120 in 2010).
Latest news from [page_title]
“We all live with so much uncertainty here. It’s so important that organizations like the Red Cross are providing clear and accurate information, that they listen to what the community needs and does something with that information.” Saleh, Volunteer w …
Red Cross and Red Crescent teams are providing emergency support throughout the night on the island of Kos and the Turkish coastal city of Bodrum after a powerful earthquake leaves two people dead and hundreds injured.
It’s a 40-minute walk to the closest supermarket for Syrian family Barishan, 30, her husband Rashid Musa, 34, and their three children. They live in Nea Kavala camp in northern Greece and are among the people who have received a Red Cross cash card to enable them to buy what they need.
The Hellenic Red Cross is bringing lifesaving medical support to migrant communities in Greece with its mobile clinic.
Some years ago, two Palestinian-Syrian men – Salah from Damascus and Abu Nidal from Homs – met for the first time in Turkey after both had escaped the war in Syria to save their families. Ever since that chance meeting the two families have been inseparable.
After a year living at Nea Kavala camp, that was all the time Saleh had to throw everything into a bag and give hugs and goodbyes to his friends and fellow Hellenic Red Cross volunteers before rushing off to catch the bus.
[page_title] volunteer stories
- President (Pharmacist): Dr Antonios AVGERINOS
- Vice-President (Lawyer): Ms Despina LASKARIDOU
- Vice-President (Hon. Member of the Supreme Court of Greece): Mr Fotios KAYMENAKIS
- Vice-President (Hon. Ambassador): Mr Michael KAMBANIS
- Treasurer (Branch Director Alpha Bank): Mr Evangelos PANOU
- Secretary General (Economist): Ms Evangelia VELENTZA-ZOUROUDI
- Responsible for Human Resources: Ms Evangelia MALLIORA
- Head of Finance: Mr. Georgios DOUMANIDIS
- Responsible for HRC International Relations Processing (until further notice): Ms Sophia PEPONI