Bangladesh Red Crescent Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1973. In 2015, it counted 61,331 active volunteers (up from 2,000 in 2011).
Since 25 August 2017, more than 609,000 people have crossed the Myanmar-Bangladesh border, fleeing violence in northern areas of Myanmar’s Rakhine State.
Latest news from Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
Mohammad Ali lives some distance away from the IFRC distribution point and his elderly father and other family members are too weak to carry the goods all the way back to their tent. So he shoulders the load.
A fire was the first of three tragedies which struck Abdul Khaleque and his family.
Stacked on steep hillsides, the sprawling camps can become almost impenetrable in wet weather, but this hasn’t deterred a team of four from ploughing ankle-deep through mud with armloads of sport and play equipment.
In just a few weeks, the newly established Red Cross Red Crescent medical facility in Cox’s Bazar has already treated over 6,000 people.
What role does climate change play in these developments and how is the Red Cross Red Crescent helping people to adapt?
By Angela Hill/IFRC Thousands more people have crossed the border between Myanmar and Bangladesh since 9 October, most under the cover of night. Exhausted, dehydrated and many dealing with loss, they are moving into the camps and makeshift settlements …
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society videos
- Chairman: Mr. Hafiz Ahmed MAZUMDAR
- Vice-Chairman: Prof. Dr. MP. Habibe MILLAT
- Treasurer: Advocate Tauhidur RAHMAN
- Secretary General: Mr. Huq MOZHARUL
- Deputy Secretary General: Mr. K. Jakaria KHALED
- Director of Finance: Mr. MD Jahir UDDIN
- Director Planning and Development Department: Mr. Md. Matiur RAHMAN
- Director IR and Communication: Mr. M.A. HALIM
- Director of Health: Mr. Sirajul Islam MOLLA
- Director of Logistics: Mr. Md. Afsar UDDIN
- Director for Training: Mr. M.A. HALIM
- Director of Fundraising: Mr. Imam Zafor SIKDER
- Director of Disaster Risk Management: Mr. Ekram Elahi CHOWDHURY
- Director of Community Development: Mr. Nazmul Azam KHAN
- Director of Unit (Branch) Affairs: Mr. Md. Nur Islam KHAN
- In charge of Internal Audit: Mr. A.H.M. Mainul ISLAM
- Director of Disaster Response: Mr. Md. Belai HOSSAIN
- Director of Estates: Mr. K. F. RAHMAN
- Director of Youth and Volunteers: Mr. Sikder Mokaddes AHMED
- Assistant Director of RFL / Tracing Services: Mr. A. K. M. MOHSIN
- Director (Operation) CPP: Mr. Khairul Anam KHAN