The IFRC’s Asia Pacific Regional Office works in support of 38 National Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and Country Offices, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Asia Pacific
“I want the world to know what is happening in Kiribati, what climate change is doing to my home. I want to invite the world here, so they can see its impacts, its scars. I wonder, would they let this happen to their home? I want to tell them that the Pacific is their home too, my Pacific is their Pacific.”
By Angela Hill/IFRC Thousands more people have crossed the border between Myanmar and Bangladesh since 9 October, most under the cover of night. Exhausted, dehydrated and many dealing with loss, they are moving into the camps and makeshift settlements …
Whenever Deepak Giri remembers the tragic events in the early hours of August 14, 2017, he cannot help but relive a powerful mix of emotions. “I would feel exhausted. At times scared, but also happy to have played a role in my community,” the 29-year-old says.
By Angela Hill, IFRC In Hakimpara camp in southern Bangladesh, people are lining up every day to see a doctor at a mobile health clinic run by the Japanese Red Cross Society. “It’s terrible. Many patients visit us with diseases caused by unhygienic con …
Thousands of people are preparing to leave their homes as Manaro volcano on Ambae Island continues to rumble, belching ash, smoke and volcanic rocks. Vanuatu Red Cross Society is on the ground supporting the evacuations and response efforts.
Country cluster support teams
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Beijing: Gwendolyn Pang
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Delhi: Leon Prop
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok: Marwan Jilani
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Indonesia & Timor-Leste: Giorgio Ferrario
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Pacific: Kathryn Clarkson
- Head of Country Office, Afghanistan: Ariel Kestens
- Head of Country Office, Bangladesh: Azmat Ulla
- Head of Delegation, DPRK: TBA
- Head of Country Office, Myanmar: Joy Singhal
- Head of Country Office, Nepal: Juja Kim
- Acting Head of Country Office, Pakistan: Benoit Porte
- Head of Country Office, Philippines: Chris Staines
Recent press releases
- Japanese Red Cross Society
- Kiribati Red Cross Society
- Red Cross Society of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- The Republic of Korea National Red Cross
- Lao Red Cross
- Malaysian Red Crescent Society
- Maldivian Red Crescent
- Micronesia Red Cross
- Mongolian Red Cross Society
- Myanmar Red Cross Society
Focus: World First Aid Day 2017
On 9 September 2017, the world marks World First Aid Day, an annual opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of first aid knowledge and skills to save lives, and to advocate for these to be accessible to everyone. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s leading first aid provider. For more than 100 years, first aid has been one of the principal services provided by Red Cross and Red Crescent volunteers and staff to injured people.
This year, Prudence Foundation in partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), will launch its regional SAFE STEPS First Aid campaign.
Learn more here