The IFRC’s Asia Pacific Regional Office works in support of 38 National Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and Country Offices, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Asia Pacific
In recent months, over 600,000 people have fled violence in Rakhine Province, Myanmar. The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society, with support from IFRC is helping hundreds of thousands of families on the border.
Rasid Ahamed’s brows are furrowed in concentration as he finishes his drawing in a child-friendly space set up by the psychosocial support team at the Red Cross Red Crescent Field Hospital in Kutupalong, Bangladesh. For a moment, he can be a child again and express his creativity…
Nur al Saba, 38, with her grandson Alam, 6. Going out for walks with him was just one of her pleasures when she used to live in Maungdaw village in Myanmar’s Rakhine State. Nur and her husband Abdul Kausir, 50, lived together with their two sons and th …
It’s hard enough to help people when you clearly see the pain, exhaustion or panic on their faces. But when thousands file past in the dark, as they arrive from Myanmar at the Bangladesh transit centre, stumbling or just staring blankly, all a small team of doctors and nurses could do was try their best.
In the last few months, Pakistan has seen a rise in dengue cases, with over 166,000 cases reported nationwide, and 395 deaths, making this the worst dengue epidemic in the country’s history.
Country cluster support teams
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Beijing: Gwendolyn Pang
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Delhi: Leon Prop
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok: Marwan Jilani
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Indonesia & Timor-Leste: Giorgio Ferrario
- Head of Country Cluster Support Team, Pacific: Kathryn Clarkson
- Head of Country Office, Afghanistan: Ariel Kestens
- Head of Country Office, Bangladesh: Azmat Ulla
- Head of Delegation, DPRK: TBA
- Head of Country Office, Myanmar: Joy Singhal
- Head of Country Office, Nepal: Juja Kim
- Acting Head of Country Office, Pakistan: Benoit Porte
- Head of Country Office, Philippines: Chris Staines
Recent press releases
Focus: World First Aid Day 2017
On 9 September 2017, the world marks World First Aid Day, an annual opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of first aid knowledge and skills to save lives, and to advocate for these to be accessible to everyone. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s leading first aid provider. For more than 100 years, first aid has been one of the principal services provided by Red Cross and Red Crescent volunteers and staff to injured people.
This year, Prudence Foundation in partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), will launch its regional SAFE STEPS First Aid campaign.
Learn more here