The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Americas
The Peruvian Red Cross is assisting 2,000 families as part of its German-supported ‘Forecast-based Financing’ (FbF) programme as heavy rain and flash floods blamed on El Niño sweep across more than half the country’s administrative regions.
Rose Marie Dorvilus, 29, lives in Petion Ville which is considered the uptown of Port-au-Prince and has been living there with family members ever since the earthquake on 12 January, 2010 destroyed her home in Delmas 19.
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alex Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Di Tomasso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield