The IFRC’s Americas Regional Office works in support of 35 National Red Cross. Through its Country Cluster Support Teams and its technical unit, it provides coordination, financial and technical support for disaster operations and longer term development programmes throughout the region.
Latest news from Americas
Red Cross volunteers and staff are once again on high alert across the Caribbean as Maria cuts a path of destruction.
Dozens of Mexican Red Cross teams have been working through the night, searching for survivors.
On Wednesday, the first aircraft carrying 21 tons of humanitarian aid sent by the IFRC arrived in Antigua to support families affected by Hurricane Irma.
Mexican Red Cross has intensified their response mechanisms to support regions affected by the earthquake.
The Colombian Red Cross is currently piloting the use of ovitraps in 5 departments in the country.
- Director: Walter Cotte
- Deputy Director: Jan Gelfand
Country cluster support teams
- South Cone and Brazil Country Cluster: Alex Claudon
- Andean Country Cluster: Michele Di Tomasso
- Central America Country Cluster: Nelson Aly / El Salvador – Guatemala: Marissa Soberanis / Panama: Roxana Trigo
- Latin Caribbean Country Cluster: Ines Brill
- English speaker Caribbean: Josephine Shield
Recent press releases
- Paraguayan Red Cross
- Peruvian Red Cross
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society
- Saint Lucia Red Cross
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross
- Salvadorean Red Cross Society
- Suriname Red Cross
- The Bahamas Red Cross Society
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society
- Uruguayan Red Cross
- Venezuelan Red Cross
The Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention toolkit is intended to be used with the Zika, dengue and chikungunya prevention modules. The toolkit features full-colour imagery, interactive formats and games material to teach all audiences according to the methodology suggested in the module guides.