The Uganda Red Cross Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1965. In 2016, it counted 7,100 active volunteers (up from 4,746 in 2009), of which 80% were male and 20% female.
Latest news from Uganda Red Cross Society
As of this week, a new Red Cross water treatment facility in Arua District started pumping over 400,000 litres of water a day from the Nile River into storage tanks, where it is filtered, treated and tested for quality, before being trucked to nearby Rhino Camp, currently home to 86,000 refugees.
In the last six months there has been a steady increase in people fleeing violence in South Sudan and looking for safety in Palorinya. Resources, and the capacity of the government and humanitarian agencies, are stretched.
- Out-going President: Mr Bishop TOM OKELLO
- Chairman for the Central Governing Board: Mr Joseph OMILMOT
- Vice-Chairman: Ms Betty OMONY
- Secretary General: Mr Robert KWESIGA
- Honorary Treasurer: Hon Stephen TASHOBYA
- Director of Disaster Management: Mr Bob AKANKWASA
- Director of Finance: Mr Ezen KAVUMA
- Coordinator – Human Resource and Administration: Ms Orwin TUMUHIRWE
- Ag. Manager Internal Audit: Mr Moses BAGARUKAYO
- Ag. Manager, Program Monitoring , Evaluation & Research: Mr Alex MUGYISHA
- Coordinator – Resource Mobilisation: Ms Evelyn BABUMBA MWASA
- Coordinator Supply Chain Management / Logistics: Mr Naphtal BAGUMA
- Coordinator – Youth / Organizational Development: Ms Florence AJOK ODOCHI
- Coordinator – PR & Communication: Ms Irene NAKASIITA
- Director Health & Social Services: Dr Thomas MALINGA
- Legal Adviser: Mr Alex LUGANDA