Somali Red Crescent Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1969. In 2015, it counted 8,206 active volunteers (up from 4,600 in 2012), of which 30% were male and 70% female.
Latest news from Somali Red Crescent Society
A combination of pervasive insecurity, combined with recurrent drought and chronic underdevelopment has left millions of Somalis in need of urgent and sustained humanitarian assistance.
Somali Red Crescent Society volunteer stories
- President: Mr Yusuf Hassan MOHAMED
- Vice-President: Gen. Abdi Nur Yuusuf AHMED
- Secretary General: Vacant Position
- Coordinator for South Central and Puntland, Mogadishu: Mr Mohamed Ahmed MOHAMED
- Somaliland Coordinator, Hargeisa: Mr Ahmed Abdi BAKEL
- Director of Organizational Development and Communication: Mr Abdulkadir Ibrahim “Afi” HAJI
- Somaliland Head of Finance, Hargeisa: Mrs Faisa Hassan YOUSUF
- Head of Finance South Central and Puntland, Mogadishu: Mr Bille Siad SAMATAR
- Focal Point FDRS: Mr Abdulkadir Ibrahim “Afi” HAJI