Red Cross of the Democratic Republic of the Congo was admitted to the IFRC in 1963. In 2015, it counted 11,114 active volunteers (up from 9,896 in 2009).
Latest news from Red Cross of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
By Mirabelle Enaka Kima, IFRC Fourteen-year-old Kalala Kazamboua had just been taken back home after being treated for cholera at Mpoyi Health Centre in the Ngandanjika health zone, in Lomami—one of the provinces of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR …
Elysee Bapu melts into her faded brown sofa – her hands shake as tears fall from her tired eyes as she narrates the saddest story of her life.
Over 30,000 people have been displaced following violence in DRC, many of them women who have survived sexual violence.
The Red Cross of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) continues to support enhanced community surveillance and engagement as the country enters its 42 day period of intensive surveillance for additional Ebola cases.
More needs to be done to engage communities facing infectious disease outbreaks in famine threatened countries in Africa as well as the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) where Ebola has recently resurfaced.
In the past week alone, over 150 Red Cross volunteers have been mobilized to provide emergency assistance following the announcement of an Ebola outbreak in Likati health district of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Yellow fever and zika prevention
- Président: M. Grégoire MATESO MBUTA WAY
- Secrétaire générale: Mme Mamie MITANTA MUBUNJI
- Directeur chargé des finances et de la logistique: M. Edmond LOSENDELE YENGA
- Directrice de la communication et des relations publiques: Mme Nelly TANGUA TANGAYANI
- Directeur de la gestion des catastrophes: M. Moise KABONGO
- Directeur du dévelopement organisationnel: M. Ruben DJUNGA
- Directeur santé: M. Jean-Faustin BALELIA
- Assistant de la Secrétaire générale: M. Joseph NKELENDE
- Coordinateur des programmes: Dr Jacques KATSHITSHI
- Cheffe de la division administration: Mme Nancy LUTONADIO
- Chef de la division technologie de l’information: M. Louison KASONGO
- Chef de la division en charge de la formation en gestion des catastrophes: M. Didier MOKAMBA
- Cheffe de la division PMER: Mme Ange LILEMBU LOSAMBO