Our strength lies in our geographical spread and professionalism in the area of first aid training, emergency preparedness and response and disaster risk reduction.
With over 350,000 well-trained volunteers in all the 36 states branches and the Federal Capital Territory, the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) usually turned out to be the foremost responders to emergencies.
Latest news from Nigerian Red Cross Society
Written by Millicent WANGUI Even in the age of online media, radio has remained the medium that reaches the widest audience in Africa. This makes radio a critical tool for our work at the Red Cross and Red Crescent. It links us with the rural and remot …
A new cash transfer programme is helping families reestablish their lives after been displaced by conflict in Nigeria.
Zulaihat Usman is a 30-year-old mother of four. She said that in 2015, members of an armed group in Borno state attacked her neighbourhood in Gwoza, about 135km from Maiduguri. “They held us hostage for over a month and we were not able to escape,” she said.
- National President: Elder (Chief) Bolaji Akpan ANANI
- National Vice-President: Alhaji Zubair M. Umar
- Secretary General: Alhaji Abubakar KENDE
- Head of Finance and Accounts: Mr Godman ANYEBE
- Head Disaster Management: Mr Andronicus ADEYEMO
- Head of Communications and Advocacy: Mr Nwakpa O. NWAKPA
- Head of Resource Mobilization and Property Development: Mrs Christine EMOKHOR
- Head of Training: Mr Audu Goje
- Head of Health and Care: Ibrahim Dr. Juma
- Head of PMER: Ms Epua EWA