Kenya Red Cross Society was admitted to the IFRC in 1967. In 2016, it counted 82,000 active volunteers (up from 6,200 in 2010), of which 69% were male and 31% female.
Latest news from Kenya Red Cross Society
The Kenya Red Cross Society and IFRC are responding to disastrous flooding across Kenya and need your help to support 150,000 of the most vulnerable people who have been displaced from their homes. Torrential rains have caused devastating floods across …
A group of children gather on two unsteady benches under a tree. One of the benches is broken. A black board leans over another tree. This is the classroom of Nashipa pre-school in Singiraine village, Kajiado West.
Students with disabilities have a better chance to succeed in class thanks to a Kenya Red Cross project that provides accessible latrines and improved access to clean water.
National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies across Africa are set to improve the way they work with people affected by disasters, thanks to a newly trained team of community engagement and accountability (CEA) specialists who are ready to be deployed whenever and wherever needed.
A Kenya Red Cross Society programme in Northern Kenya is putting families in charge of their own recovery using cash transfer and mobile phones.
The search and rescue operations may soon come to an end following the collapse of an eight storey residential building in Kware, Embakasi estate in Nairobi on Monday night killing two people. Before the collapse, residents noted cracks on some floors, leading to the quick evacuation of majority of the residents.
Kenya Red Cross Society volunteer stories
- Governor: Dr. Mohamud Sheikh Nurein SAID
- 1st Deputy Governor: Mr Paschal MBECHE
- 2nd Deputy Governor: Hon. Georfery KIPNGETICH KORIR
- Secretary General: Dr. Abbas GULLET
- Deputy Secretary General, programmes: Ms. Abshiro HALAKE
- National Treasurer: Ms Julianne NJERI KAMAU
- Committee Member: Mr Abdinoor Mohamed HUSSEIN
- Committee Member: Mr Nassir SAID MOHAMMED
- Committee Member: Ms Lucy W. MURIUKI
- Committee Member: Mr Quinter ATIENO OUSO
- Committee Member: Mr Royal Abraham SHISIA
- Member: Mr Edward Gakumo WARUI
- National Youth Chair: Mr Japheth KIPKOECH NGENO
- National Youth Vice Chair: Mr Allan CARLSON LODENYAO
- Head of Strategic Partnerships and Corporate Affairs: Mr Anthony MWANGI
- Group Head of Finance and Accounts: Mr Abdulaziz MIRZA
- Group Head Audit: Mr Isaiah KARANJA
- Head of Disaster Management – Operations: Mr Mahdi MOHAMMED
- Head of Health and Social Services: Ms Sylvia KHAMATI-LOGENDO
- Head of Water and Sanitation: Mr Ayaz MANJI
- Head of Disaster Risk Management: Mr Elijah MULI
- Head of Department, Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning: Ms Lydia ATIEMA
- Group Head – Human Resources: Ms Linah Beatrice KOWITTI-OORO
- Head of Organisational Development: Ms Wangeci MATHENGE