Urban acupuncture, also referred to as ‘tactical urbanism’, is an approach for using small-scale interventions to transform the larger urban context. It is well suited for application of community-based solutions to help address wider risk and resilience challenges in urban and district settings.
- Center for Urban Pedagogy
- Youth Civic Engagement toolkit (YWCA Canada)
- Participatory Budgeting Project
- Municipal initiatives in Curitiba, Brazil
- Fire sensors project in Kenya and South Africa
- Community solid waste management in Indonesia
- Safe Boda road safety project in Uganda (building on initial community level pilot by the Uganda Red Cross)